Namadgi School offers challenging academic programs delivered by highly professional and committed teaching teams. We have a particular focus on our school values: Learning, Positive Attitude, Caring, and Respect.
Features of the school include a wide range of learning experiences in a safe and vibrant community.
Some examples of what we have to offer in 2017 include:
- A strong focus on literacy and numeracy based on catering for individual student needs through targeted support or extension
- International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) competitions for students in years 3-10
- Gifted and Talented extension and enrichment
- Extension writing programs
- International student support
- Primary Kids Council Leadership and Year 9 and 10 Leadership class organising charity and community events
- One of the widest language offerings in the ACT – core Japanese language plus 30 other languages offered
- Year 5 band, High School Concert Band, and a partnership with the Tuggeranong Valley Band
- Grand piano, dedicated music rooms and two dance studios
- Primary Ride or Walk to School program and secondary mountain bike program
- Whole school sports including athletics, cross-country and swimming carnivals
- Rostrum public speaking competition
- Team debating and Inter-Parliamentary debating in the secondary sector
- Chess across the school and participation in ACT competitions
- Primary sailing program
- Computer coding in primary and secondary
- A broad elective program for years K-10 including woodwork, metalwork, food technology and specialist programs based on student requests
- Sporting opportunities such as the Bluearth program in primary and Outdoor Education in the secondary
- Whole school major Arts event ‘Namadgical’ and participation in external Arts programs including Limelight, Dance Fest, Dance Nation, Every Chance to Dance
- A before and after-school care program, and a holiday care program
The school provides flexible, modern, high quality and environmentally sustainable facilities that support the learning of our growing community.