Welcome to the Namadgi School website. Namadgi School is now in its sixth year of operation and is focused on high quality educational programs for students from Preschool to Year 10.
Namadgi School offers challenging academic programs delivered by highly professional and committed teaching teams. We have a particular focus on our school values: Learning, Positive Attitude, Caring, and Respect.
Features of the school include a wide range of learning experiences in a safe and vibrant community.
Some examples of what we have to offer in 2016 include:
- A strong focus on literacy and numeracy based on catering for individual student needs through targeted support or extension
- International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) competitions for students in years 3-10
- Gifted and Talented extension and enrichment
- Extension writing programs
- International student support
- Primary Kids Council Leadership and Year 9 and 10 Leadership class organising charity and community events
- One of the widest language offerings in the ACT – core Japanese language plus 30 other languages offered
- Year 5 band, High School Concert Band, and a partnership with the Tuggeranong Valley Band
- Grand piano, dedicated music rooms and two dance studios
- Primary Ride or Walk to School program and secondary mountain bike program
- Whole school sports including athletics, cross-country and swimming carnivals
- Rostrum public speaking competition
- Team debating and Inter-Parliamentary debating in the secondary sector
- Chess across the school and participation in ACT competitions
- Primary sailing program
- Computer coding in primary and secondary
- A broad elective program for years K-10 including woodwork, metalwork, food technology and specialist programs based on student requests
- Sporting opportunities such as the Bluearth program in primary and Outdoor Education in the secondary
- Whole school major Arts event ‘Namadgical’ and participation in external Arts programs including Limelight, Dance Fest, Dance Nation, Every Chance to Dance
- A before and after-school care program, and a holiday care program
The school provides flexible, modern, high quality and environmentally sustainable facilities that support the learning of our growing community.