Welcome to the Namadgi School website. Namadgi School is now in its fifth year of operation and is focussed on high quality educational programs for students from Preschool to Year 10.
Namadgi School offers challenging academic programs delivered by highly professional and committed teaching teams all underpinned by our school values: Learning, Positive Attitude, Caring, and Respect. Features of the school include the Instrumental Music Program, the Urambi Environment Centre with a focus on sustainable environmental practices and diverse range of elective courses for Years 6-10.
Some examples of what we have to offer in 2015 include:
- A strong focus on literacy and numeracy based on catering for individual student needs
- International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) competitions for students in years 3-10
- Gifted and Talented program
- Early Childhood Speech Therapy program
- A Japanese Languages program for years 3-10
- Year 5 band, year 6 band, and a senior band
- Waste Wise Warriors program
- Whole school sports carnivals
- Team debating and Inter-Parliamentary debating in the secondary sector
- Tournament of Minds for primary and secondary students
- Chess across the school and participation in ACT competitions
- A broad elective program for years 6-10 including woodwork, metalwork, food technology and a number of specialist programs based on student requests
- Sporting opportunities through programs such as the Bluearth program in primary and outdoor education in the secondary sector
- Whole school major Arts event (Namadgical) and participation in external Arts programs including Limelight and Dance Fest
- A before and after school care program, and holiday care program
Information communication technology is embedded in the curriculum and students have access to the latest technology to assist with learning. The school promotes innovative ICT programs in classrooms and has a multimedia lab.
The school provides flexible, modern, high quality and environmentally sustainable educational facilities that support the learning of the growing community.
Parent involvement in the school is strongly encouraged through our Parent and Citizen’s Association, the School Board or through volunteering in the classroom.