Welcome to Namadgi Preschool to Year 10 School. As you read about our school, you will get a sense of our learning focus, the whole school philosophy of a P-10 setting, our core values and the opportunities on offer for students.
Namadgi is an inclusive school with mainstream and special needs classes supporting learning opportunities for a range of students. Through differentiating curriculum tasks we approach learning opportunities with a student centred focus. Our facilities are modern and we have an improvement agenda to remain current with ICT infrastructure and 21st Century learning capabilities.
The Namadgi School values are; Learning, Caring, Respect and Positive Attitude. Our students, staff and community helped to shape these values and are explicitly taught through a Positive Behaviours for Learning (PBL) focus. As a school we value diversity and nurture social, cultural and academic differences. The Namadgi School P-10 setting means that students can grow and learn with their cohort from Preschool entry to Year 10 graduation.
During their time at Namadgi School students will be taught from the Australian Curriculum and have opportunities to engage in elective classes and excursions that support learning. These experiences include international excursions in the High School to Japan, sporting excursions with interschool teams, outdoor education programs and camps as well as in-school experiences such as reptile zoo visits and educational shows for younger students.
At Namadgi School we foster student leadership opportunities through peer support programs, a Year 10 leadership class, buddy programs and student representation on the School Board. Each student, as an individual, matters to us. Our Pastoral Care, Youth Worker, Indigenous Education Officer and early intervention programs are aimed towards assisting students with personal, academic and cultural growth. Our school counselling services support students and families. At Namadgi we understand what it means to be part of the community and strive to be a supportive hub within the Kambah suburb.
Some examples of what we have to offer in 2019 include:
- A strong focus on literacy and numeracy based on catering for individual student needs through targeted support or extension
- International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) competitions for students in years 3-10
- Gifted and Talented extension and enrichment
- Extension writing programs
- STEM Focused Learning
- International student support
- Student Representative Council and Year 10 Leadership class organising charity and community events
- One of the widest language offerings in the ACT – core Japanese language plus 30 other languages offered through online learning
- Year 5 band, High School Concert Band, and a partnership with the Tuggeranong Valley Band
- Dedicated music rooms and two dance studios
- Whole school sports including athletics, cross-country and swimming carnivals
- Rostrum public speaking competition
- Team debating and Inter-Parliamentary debating in the secondary sector
- Chess across the school and participation in ACT competitions
- Computer coding in primary and secondary
- A broad elective program for years K-10 including woodwork, metalwork, food technology and specialist programs based on student requests
- Arts programs including Limelight, Dance Fest and Dance Nation
- A before and after-school care program, and a holiday care program operated by Namadgi School provides flexible, modern, high quality and environmentally sustainable facilities that support the learning of our growing community. I look forward to meeting prospective families and bookings can be made through our front office.
Principal Namadgi School